space
space
space

10/1/10

It's FRIDAY! Here's some more fotos...


It has been the best first-week-of-FALL ever.  Ever. 
We had some rain.  We had some sun.  We had some MUCH cooler temps! 
Love it.

And, I know there are plenty of people that don't "get into" Halloween.  I have 
no problem with that, but I really love Halloween.  My parents loved Halloween...
my mom sewed us costumes and my dad decorated the exterior of our home 
like crazy.  (In his 70's, my dad still decorates BIG time!) It was so much fun. 
And, I was just recently evaluating a lot of things in my life (b/c of a book) and 
realized that it probably had a lot to do with living in the south where summer 
is always so hot.  (I know this year it was a hot summer for everyone.)  It just 
felt so good when we could get out and enjoy the air...late October!

With that said, we've had some Halloween/Fall decorations up for a week or 
two.  I thought I would share some of our scarier ones.  Don't laugh...








LOVE this capture of Luke.  His dark eyes with his blond hair are a fave,
but add in a silly grin...and he has me hooked!








Several months ago I was coloring with Luke, when I happened upon a very
pretty crayon.  It was "Robin's Egg Blue" and I told Neil that I wanted a piece of
furniture that color in our new house.  I didn't even realize that Luke was paying
any attention, and we went on coloring.  Since then, if ever we get out the
crayons, Luke comes running with "my" Robin's Egg Blue crayon, saying
"Mama color!  Mama color!"  It's really sweet.










sig

25 comments:

FYH said...

Beautiful post! Love the photo of Luke...such sweet tones...

Buckeroomama said...

I love robin's egg blue, too! I almost had that shade as our wedding color, but I couldn't find the exact shade in the cloths for the bridesmaid's dresses, so I gave that up and went for something else instead.

Elizabeth Lyng said...

Oh, that silly grin has even me hooked! What a doll!

Jaci said...

great photos!!! keep em coming!!!

Anonymous said...

I too love Halloween! I'm so excited that this year I've decided to make my youngest sons costume. Fall is here, yay! :)

Kala said...

awesome job!

Anonymous said...

aww, that is so cute! pretty color.

Courtney said...

Sweet pic of your little one! Love your macro shot!

Justine said...

love your macro shot, great set of pictures here.

Discovery School at First Baptist Heath said...

love that macro shot.. and robins egg blue.

Ashley Sisk said...

I especially love that capture of Luke...my husband doesn't really understand decorating the house for various holidays. I've got to find my decorations!

hannah m said...

Love your macro shot, Dina - so sweet! Robin's Egg Blue is favorite color of mine, too:)

brainella said...

Halloween is so much fun to decorate. Dominic LOVES the whole thing. He's been counting down for a while now.

That picture of Luke is too cute!

Lisa Gordon said...

Wonderful photographs!

Claudya Martinez said...

Luke's eyes are so beautiful.

I love Halloween too.

thepunkrockmom said...

Beautiful pix! I am so psyched for fall and Halloween! Thx for entering my challenge!

Anonymous said...

That story is so sweet. Great photos.

Rosie leavesnbloom said...

what a cute name for a colour of crayon!

Nicolle said...

Precious picture of Luke, and I LOVE the crayon story, and picture! :)

I am getting more and more into halloween. I realize how fun it is.

And, I want to know the name of the book you are talking about that has made you look at things differently....I'm needing something "new" in my life.

:)

Unknown said...

Dina- thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! I'm new here so support means so much :)
I had to come by and check you out!
1.You pictures are beautiful!
2. Your children are so cute!!!

-Kendall
{songbirdsandbuttons.blogspot.com}

scrappysue said...

kids soak up everything! his smile is indeed adorable

LisaShaw said...

Aww, that's so precious that he does that!

Love that photo of Luke! He's just adorable!!!

Love ya and praying for your family!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Ya never know what those little ones are going to hear and remember! We love Halloween too but I never get into the decorating!

Laura said...

perfect macro shot! creative!

Cyndy Bush said...

I LOVE fall too, and Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday. I feel like Halloween, like so many things in life, is what you make it. If you make it all about fun, there's nothing wrong with that! Last year I bumped into my pastor and his kids trick-or-treating! =)
This year the kids are with their dad for Halloween and I am so bummed. I'm such a kid! Next year we're planning a HUGE Halloween party.