space
space
space

12/10/12

Christmas Goodness




 Okay.  This is the post where I include a bunch of random
Christmas-related items...mainly because I like the pictures
that I happened to snap...
Santa came to Luke's school, and brought some sweet treats.


 
I've had these guys since I was very young, from Hallmark.
 
 
 
 
Christmas Kitty watches over things during the holidays.



 I wish we could have this sweet light year-round!



 Yummy food, even if I did make it.  (Thanks to Nicolle!)  Here's the recipe:


TOMATO PIE

1 refrigerated pie crust
1 cup mayo
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup sliced scallions
  7 to 10 medium plum tomatoes or Roma tomatoes
Heat oven to 350, place one oven rack on the very bottom shelf of oven.
Line a 9 inch pie pan with the crust and crimp the edges with a fork.
Prick the bottom and sides of dough with a fork.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes until crust looks slightly puffed and dry.

Meanwhile, combine mayo, 1 1/4 cups of cheese and the black pepper in a bowl.

Sprinkle bottom of partially baked crust with 1/2 cup of the remaining cheese.
Top with a layer of tomatoes and sprinkle with scallions.
Spoon some of the mayo mixture on in dollops.
(No need to spread it, just drop it in clumps.)
Repeat layers until crust is full.

Sprinkle top with remaining cheese.

Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until the crust is golden and juices are bubbling.
Cool at least 10 minutes before cutting.


  and then, she {snapped}Photobucket Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley The Paper Mama Photo Challenge

  Scattered HorizonsBlack and White Wednesday
sig

24 comments:

Nicolle said...

Aw, love the picture of Luke with Santa. Such great pictures here! We saw Santa yesterday, the color in my pictures is so "off", but I'm going with it anyway. I just can't take a good indoor photo. Love your reindeer....decorations from our own childhood are just so sweet. Your tomato pie looks fabulous! My mouth is watering. Will be making one soon. :)
xo

~Shari said...

Aww what an adorable Santa picture!

Tamar SB said...

Love Luke's smile with Santa - and green tennies - how fitting for the season!!

Rochelle@AFamilyofLooneys said...

I love all the pictures, especially the one of the rain deers. I remember them from when I was a kid. I think my mom has one somewhere :-) I need to find it.

Adrienne said...

Lovely bunch of shots - gives a real feel of Christmas at your house! I agree about having that sweet glow year round - wouldn't that be grand! The black and white shot might just be my favorite of this bunch!

Patrice said...

I have those same Hallmark reindeer!

Michelle said...

The photos of Luke are adorable!

Pride In Photos Beauty said...

Your home is so lovely with all your decor for the holidays...just makes you want to settle in.
Laurie

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Beautiful trees and decorations. I love the photo of Luke with Santa. So cute.

Buckeroomama said...

Such sweet, sweet bokeh in the second shot! (Would love to for you to share it on the Creativity Project FB page! The theme this month is bokeh.)

Oh, what could be better than donuts with Santa? Luke is adorable. :)

Icy BC said...

I like your random selection of photos! They are always best, and your son is adorable in those pictures!

EMily said...

I love your decorations, and he looks so happy with Santa!!

Kim Cunningham said...

Love Luke's green shoes! Festive and super cool!

Felipa Monteverde said...

Great pics!

http://felipa-imagens.blogspot.pt/2012/12/tones-on-tuesday.html

Erika B said...

Simply love that shot of Luke eating his treat!

Erika B

patty said...

love your pictures... the stocking hanging on the mantle in the xmas tree pictures is perfect! and the bokeh in the the B&W is perfect! but luke's face in the donut picture just made me smile. at 6 am even! ;)

patty@findingserendipity.com

Adventures as a Small Town Mom said...

Great shots! I love the one of your Hallmark reindeer!

Heidi said...

I remember those Hallmark reindeer! Such a great collection of Christmasy shots Dina!

Unknown said...

Sweet black and white reindeer! Thanks for linking up and good luck in the contest!

Merry Christmas!

Susan Anderson said...

Merry Christmas!

Now I want a slice of tomato pie...

=)

Vane M. said...

Adorei as imagens dos bonecos, fantásticas! Um abraço!

Linda said...

really lovely work! Thanks so much for the recipe!! Wishing you a very happy holiday season....

rachel said...

I forgot all about those hallmark reindeers! And I love the shot of your little guy with the donut.

Mrs4444 said...

I shouldn't dare hope, but I am; I'm hoping Mr.4444 breaks our "let's only spend $50 on each other" pact and buys me a camera so that I can breathe again--not being able to snap a decent photo is killing me! Yours, as usual, are beautiful.